Re: Help: keybbbbbboard problem with 2.6.8 kernel

On Thursday 16 June 2005 03:23, Marc wrote:
> [...]

I did not find any file with this name, could any one point the file postion

> > > xset r rate 400 40 &
> > >
> > > Hope it works.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Robet
> >
> > ------- End of Original Message -------
> >
> > Thanks. I did try that and it works for XFree86/Gnome, but the
> > problem would still show up in vmware virtual machines (and even
> > worse - appearing to have no delay before auto-repeating).
> >
> > I've since installed 2.6.11-11 and the problem appears to have
> > disappeared.
>
> Just to report back to the list, the problem re-appeared using 2.6.11-11. I
> did trace the problem to a bad IDE drive (part of a software RAID-5 array).
> I had been booting the kernel using the noapic option but when I tried
> booting it with APIC enabled the system failed to boot - showing hundreds
> of dma errors and others. Since replacing the IDE drive I've had no further
> issues. I have no idea why no errors were being logged with APIC disabled.
>
> This is probably the wierdest thing I've seen in a long time, a bad IDE
> drive causing a keyboard repeat issue! I just hope this is the end of it.
>
> Cheers,
> Marc

so I am using Sarge with kernel 2.6.8-2-686 and 2.6.10-1-686 and 2.6.11.8
(from kernel.org) and all suffer the same problem. Apparently no one has a
full solution for it  :-(

My keyboard is 105-key with German layout on Siemens-Amilo pro2000 laptop.
If any can find solution that would be great.
--
Key finger print :60EB 43C9 C29E 9CEB E159 9DE1 7145 54F9 1686 2BB3