Re: Help: keybbbbbboard problem with 2.6.8 kernel

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Chris Bannister <mockingbird@ihug.co.nz>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:15:36 +1200
Subject: Re: Help: keybbbbbboard problem with 2.6.8 kernel

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:30:41PM +0800, Marc wrote:
>
> > Ever since upgrading to kernel 2.6.8 on Debian (sarge) I've had a problem with
> > keys auto-repeating in X Windows.
> >
> > The problem only shows up in X windows. While typing in a terminal window (for
> > example) the key auto-repeat kicks in making it impossible to type. For
> > example if I try to type 'clear', it comes out 'cllllleeeear'. I have to
> > disable the auto-repeat function (xset r off). It looks like the key delay
> > value is being ignored and the only thing I've changed recently is the kernel
> > version to 2.6.8 (compiled from kernel-source-2.6.8 with the default config).
> >
> > I've tried various things like using the 'kbd' driver in my XF86Config-4 file,
> > setting the AutoRepeat option in the keyboard section but nothing helps.
> >
> > I've been looking all over for answers to this problem but I'm getting nowhere
> > fast! Please help me!
>
> That rings a bell. Have you searched the list archives?
>
> --
> Chris.
> ======

------- End of Original Message -------

The only thing I could find in the archives and using google was an old
XFree86 bug which was closed.

I have built and installed 2.6.11-11 from kernel.org and it seems to have
solved it. I just find it strange that this happens on 2.6.8 which is the
stable debian kernel version. However, if its only me seeing this problem it
may be related to my hardware (running SMP on AMD 760MPX chipset).

Regards,
Marc