syslog-ng error message while starting / stopping: KERNEL_RINGBUF_SIZE & KERNEL_RINGBUF_SIZE is of unaccepted value

Hello debian-user mailing list !

Fresh installed system Dual MMX 466 with sarge r0 (not r0a) and 2.6.8-2-686-smp kernel.

----
echolon:~# apt-get install syslog-ng
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 klogd sysklogd
 syslog-ng
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/215kB of archives.
After unpacking 233kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 16471 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing klogd ...
Stopping kernel log daemon: klogd.
Removing sysklogd ...
Stopping system log daemon: syslogd.
Selecting previously deselected package syslog-ng.
(Reading database ... 16448 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking syslog-ng (from .../syslog-ng_1.6.5-2.2_i386.deb) ...
Setting up syslog-ng (1.6.5-2.2) ...
CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL is of unaccepted value.
KERNEL_RINGBUF_SIZE is of unaccepted value.
Starting system logging: syslog-ng.

echolon:~# /etc/init.d/syslog-ng stop
CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL is of unaccepted value.
KERNEL_RINGBUF_SIZE is of unaccepted value.
Stopping system logging: syslog-ng.
echolon:~# /etc/init.d/syslog-ng start
CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL is of unaccepted value.
KERNEL_RINGBUF_SIZE is of unaccepted value.
Starting system logging: syslog-ng.
----

Google gave this to me:
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-closed@lists.debian.org/msg16638.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-closed@lists.debian.org/msg16636.html
though in that case syslog-ng doesn't even start.

Actually I have no idea what that error messages indicate.
Because of that I don't know wether to worry about it or not?

Thanks for help!

Mart