Re: Disk Mirroring in Sarge howto

Le mardi 14 juin 2005 à 16:09 +0530, Siju George a écrit :
> I first created identical partitions in each hard disk and marked them
> as RAID Physical volumes. The I created the RAID devices and then
> specified mount points and ReiserFS :-)
>
> It worked al right and easy but when I installed the boot loader I
> think it got installed only on the hd0 and not on hd1!!!
>
> how do I verify this???
>
> and how can  testif the RAID is woring fine???

I hope someone familiar with RAID reads this ... (now at least you have
given enough context to help your helpers help you)

What is the output of, say, dmesg (after a reboot), mount, and fdisk on
all your drives ? (could be a starting point to see what's happening)

(plize don't send me directly your answers, I'm on the list and need not
receive twice the same messages)

Aurélien.

the system manager.

www.clearswift.com