Re: Sarge Upgrade DEBOCLE ! ! !

Brian Kimsey-Hickman wrote:
> I have mistakenly trusted the Debian community and upgraded to Sarge
> and it is a DISASTER.
>
> HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THIS TO US ! ! !
>
> (Reading database ... 70119 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing xserver-rage128 ...
> sed: can't read /etc/X11/Xserver: No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing xserver-rage128 (--remove):

How could we have not ever shipped a package named "xserver-rage128" but
yet somehow enticed you to install some broken third-party package by that
name onto your system, thus hosing your sarge upgrade? I really can't
say.

> Slashdot has written how 30% of Sarge upgrades are failing.
>
> THIS IS INEXCUSABLE ! ! !

Has slashdot given any (similarly misquoted; I read the original post
and that is not what it said; besides it was clearly an off-the-cuff
estimate) statistics for upgrades for Debian woody, or any other version
of linux?

--
see shy jo