Re: Updating woes (debian sid)

Ibrahim Mubarak:

> For a few days now, I have been trying to update five packages
> (file-roller nautilus nautilus-cd-burner totem totem-xine) but aptitude
> / synaptic / apt-get all say that upgrading these packages will cause
> some problems.

That's a normal situation. Sid is dangerous. It will be solved when
Gnome 2.10 with all its dependencies is completely uploaded to unstable.
The best thing you can do is sit and wait. If you aren't careful,
apt(itute) might deinstall half your packages tomorrow.

> Anyone else getting this problem?

Yes. If you have no idea why sid is broken these days, you should
consider switching to sarge or etch (which is no big difference today).

J.
--
Television advertisements are the apothesis of twentieth century culture.
[Agree]   [Disagree]