Re: cdrecord slow

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 21:22 +1000, James Buchanan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some reason, cdrecord is very slow.  It never burns anything faster than
> 4x, even though I instruct it on the command line to burn at 32x.  Also, DVDs
> will only burn at 1x.  I've read that automounting seems to slow it down, and
> playing CDs in the drive locks it at a very slow speed for some reason.
>
> There are also apparently two types of automounting, but now I am just
> confused.  How do I switch off automounting for the CD-ROM, both ways if
> necessary?
>
> Anyone know of any issues with cdrecord being really slow for some reason?
>
> I'm running Sarge on a 2.6.8-1 kernel.

One possible reason may be that the media that you are using reports
that is only for a certain speed? However I have never tested this
theory out myself, I have a feeling that cdrecord will set its speed
down to what the disc indicates as its maximum record speed.

--
 o)    Derek Wueppelmann               (o
(D .    monkey@monkey.homeip.net        D).