Re: Top posting (a different point of view)

I think that one of my personal strengths is my ability to objectively listen to both sides of an argument. But as much as I try, I can't understand bottom posters. How are you reading lists? I use an email client (thunderbird). When I read a thread, I start at the beginning. Sometimes interleaved posts are useful if there are many points. Otherwise I have no problem following a thread of top posts. No one leaves the entire thread intact as one reply follows another. So I think the argument of context is bogus. Sometimes you just have to look back through the thread, but if you have been following the thread, you just read the new posts and it doesn't matter if it is at the beginning or the end. The new post is more important and therefore should come first. If you can scroll down to read a new post, why can't you scroll down to find the context when you are confused? Why do you always want to scroll down when you could just scroll down in the rare instance of having missed something? Bottoms are just trying to impose Victorian-esque social protocols on a free-form medium. Give it up!