Re: sarge testing->stable and USB mouse issue

On 6/9/05, Jon Dowland <jon-dowland@ncl.ac.uk> wrote:
> [Footnote: I may be having the same problem at home, too (similarly
> sarge 2.6.11, albeit PS2 mouse this time). However I can't  confirm
> that, I haven't used that machine much recently and I think the mouse
> actually was physically unplugged at one point.]

Right - well indeed when I got in my PS2 mouse wasn't working in X. No
events on /dev/input/mice. psmouse module loaded, '0' modules
depending on it. rmmod psmouse; modprobe psmouse resulted in the
following on dmesg:

input: ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1

This line did occur in dmesg prior to the modprobe, i.e. as part of
the boot-up. It occurs after a similar message for the keyboard (which
works fine); but before the USB stuff loads. I have an 'aiptek
hyperpen' clone graphics tablet (USB) which does work.

This is a 2.6.11 kernel. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/