Re: OT: USB mass storage on KNOPPIX 3.8.1

* Rob Benton <rob.benton@conwaycorp.net> [2005 Jun 07 16:51 -0500]:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
> >* Jan Leewe Behrendt <leewe.behrendt@web.de> [2005 Jun 07 00:56 -0500]:
> >
> >>Hi Nate,
> >>check your dmesg output after having connected the device. It should say
> >>something about the device name assigned to your camera.
> >>I don't know anything about your kernel config but you also need scsi
> >>support as well as scsi disc support included - either as a module or
> >>within the kernel...
> >

> >Thank you, Jan.  Between your suggestions and ABrady's suggestion that
> >KNOPPIX uses /dev/ub[a-z] I can mount my camera again,
> >
> >Thank you very much!
> >
> >- Nate >>
> >

> I'm glad you posted this b/c I have been having the exact same issue on
> my machine with my sandisk flash drive.

I have a Lexar Jump Drive and plugged it in yesterday and the icon
quite nicely pops up on the KDE background.  The camera does the same.
Both are mounted automatically.

I suspect that it was working all along, but I had windows open on each
desktop that obscured the icon(s).  But, dumb old me couldn't figure
that out for himself.  :-D  I'm too used the the "simple" IceWM, I
guess.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of