Re: Clarify Sarge Release

On Wednesday 08 Jun 2005 20:17, Jim Hall wrote:
> Now that Sarge is released, do I need to point 'update' & 'upgrade' to
> "stable", or leave Sarge as the target?

No, you can do nothing, if you like.

Pointing it to "stable" would only do something once the next release happens.
Then, the new "stable" would be uhh... whatever that new name is, and then
you'd see lots of upgradable packages.  For now, it'll make no difference.

Basically, if you intend to specifically use sarge and nothing else, put sarge
in there.  You might do that if sarge does what you need and you're following
the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy.

On the other hand, if you intend to keep upgrading to the most modern stable
system available, and you don't want to manually do the switch (although
it'll essentially be manual anyway) use "stable".

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.