Re: Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 + SATA HD + Sarge = trouble?

I have an ASUS A8N-SLI, an AMD Athlon64 4000+ cpu and a seagate 250GB SATA drive. I thought I had the same problem when installing Debian Sarge, with exactly the same screen and message, but it turned out that it hadn’t frozen on that screen, and was just processing. So after leaving the screen for a while, it started again. I’m not sure if this was your problem but it could be worth a try.