Re: Installing redhat 7.2 under debian

Le Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:40:03 +0800, Gokul Poduval a écrit :

> Hello,
> I have a new machine on which I have installed Debian Sarge. I need to run
> some legacy applications that run only on redhat 7.2 (due to the stupid g++-
> 2.96). Redhat 7.2 wont install on my machine because of lack of drivers. Is
> there anyway I can install a redhat 7.2 environment in a directory under
> debian ?

I wonder if the problem is really g++ 2.96 (well except if it segfault
).
$ ldd binary
should tell you which library you need and packages.debian.org would let
you find out if those are still available in debian .
If the patch to the library are different from  redhat you can "hack" a
bit by making symlink from the debian names to the redhat ones ...

If it does not work a complete emulation could fit too :

qemu  which is included in debian . Though you might want a frontent :
i found qemu-launcher to be buggy though it is good enough to setup the
environemnt. Aterwards you can "qemu -hda virtualdisk -cdrom
installcdrom.iso -boot d"

Cheers
Alban