Re: sudo doesn't ask me for password anymore...

I was indeed in the sudo group. Removing my name has fixed my problem !
Kent's remark made me also realized that vnstat was launched by cron every 5 mn too (seen in auth.log)... but not with sudo I think.

So many thanks to both of you !

Guillaume.

roby wrote:
> That will happen when a user account belongs to the sudo group.
>
> Roby

Kent West wrote:
Guillaume Pellerin wrote:

Hi all !

I'm very suprised that sudo doesn't ask me for password anymore even
after 5 mn... It is the case on my laptop (unstable) since few days
and on my server (unstable) since few weeks. So, I wonder if there
could exist a KDE program or whatever tool that modifies the behavior
of sudo in such a way... If not, I would think this is very bad !

My sudoers file is like this:
(...)
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
yomguy  ALL=(ALL) ALL

Remark: Reinstalling sudo does nothing and chkrootkit tells me all is OK.

Thanks for your help,
Yomguy

I would start by looking in /var/log/auth.log to see what sudo
operations have been taking place lately. Perhaps you have a cron job
set up that uses sudo or something similar is happening.

If that doesn't show up anything, I'd remove both root and yomguy from
the sudoers file, and then try sudo'ing something five minutes later.

Depending on the results of that test, I might create a new user and add
that user to the sudoers file, and see how sudo works for that user.

I'd also look at my environment to see if I had any environmental
variables that might affect the use of sudo.