Re: Re: No 1028x786 resolution on HP M50 Monitor On Sarge

Leonard Chatagnier(lenc@ruralcomm.com) is reported to have said:
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/06/msg00353.html>
>
> Leonard Chatagnier(lenc@ruralcomm.com) is reported to have said:
> >Only the 800x600 and 640x480 are available while previously 1028x786 was
> >functional and I could switch
> >to it with cntrl ++.  The higher resolution had been available on both
> >woody and sarge kernels(stock).
> <-- snip -->
>
> Yes, all but the 1280x1024 resolution which my monitor doesn't support.
> Actually, after adding the 1024x786 entry and rebooting the resolution
> looks finer but using cntrl-alt-++ only
> cycles through 2 resolutions.  I need a bash command that explicitly shows
> the screen resolution
> to be sure.  Kmow of one?
> Thanks for the reply,
> Leonard

xvidtune (1x)        - video mode tuner for XFree86
You can view, and adjust resolutions, with xvidtune.

xdpyinfo (1x)        - display information utility for X

I would also suggest you try a lower color depth, such as 16, to see
if that works better.  I forgot to mention that in the last post.
I default to 16 here.

HTH

WT
--