Re: Re: No 1028x786 resolution on HP M50 Monitor On Sarge

<http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/06/msg00353.html>

Leonard Chatagnier(lenc@ruralcomm.com) is reported to have said:
Only the 800x600 and 640x480 are available while previously 1028x786 was functional and I could switch to it with cntrl ++. The higher resolution had been available on both woody and sarge kernels(stock).
<-- snip -->
EndSection
There are no other entries beside the DEBCONF entries.
I'd certainly appreciate any help or guidance given and if one doesn't mind, copy my email address as I'm not subscribed. Otherwise, I'll monitor the list on the web even though its harder to reply in the correct format.
Thanks for your help,

       SubSection "Display"
               Depth           24
       Modes           "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
       EndSubSection

Have you tried adding them?

WT

Yes, all but the 1280x1024 resolution which my monitor doesn't support. Actually, after adding the 1024x786 entry and rebooting the resolution looks finer but using cntrl-alt-++ only
cycles through 2 resolutions.  I need a bash command that explicitly shows the screen resolution
to be sure.  Kmow of one?
Thanks for the reply,
Leonard