Re: No 1028x786 resolution on HP M50 Monitor On Sarge

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 07:59:04AM +0000, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>  Also read the link you provided and came to
> conclusion r128 doesn't
> apply to my video card.  Doesn't seem to hurt anything though and I know
> that is was
> loaded before when all resolutions were working.

Well you need to find the correct module to load, google for the exact
model of your card. At this point I would also look at the logs.

/var/log/XFree86.0.log will contain lots of information about what
fails to load, what will load but with warnings and hopefully
something about why it wont do 1024x786.

You also don't need to reboot the computer each time,
ctrl+alt+backspace will kill the xserver for you and you can make some
changes and try again.

--
Angelina Carlton