Re: PPPD exit code 2

On Friday 03 Jun 2005 13:26, xxx xxx wrote:
> Pon isn't working!!! I mean it dials, but Mozilla isn't connecting. Still
> surfing as root...
>
> Please Help!

Did you add yourself to the dialout and dip groups, and then logout and in
again, as instructed?  It should work, if so.

But if not, you can login as a normal user, and use su to become root, run
pon, and still run other programs to browse as a normal user.   With sudo,
you could automate the permission change, so that a button on your panel
could become root and dialup or disconnect.  There are many ways to do it,
but it works for everyone else, so try the steps above first.

No.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.