hacking the debugger

I have a program whose basic modus operandi is to dynamically compile
extra code into itself.  But I'd still like to use gdb.  Is there any way
to (dnamically) inform gdb what symbols to add to its symbol table?

In the long run (maybe a month from now if all goes well), this dynamic
code will reside on a garbage-collected heap.  So the genreted code may
be moved aroung diring execution (yes, I am aware there are technical
difficulties involved in realizing this!)  Is there a way of informing
gdb that its symbol definitions have *changed*?

-- hendrik