dumb choice on partitioning

Hi there,

when I installed debian on my harddrive, I choose to have most of the free space allocated to my /home partition, since I'm using this as a one-person workstation.

A couple of months down the line now, I am installing lots of java development stuff but I realise that it's quite likely that I will create more users too.

Where is the best place to put all the stuff I want to share?

According to standard linux filesystem layout, I should put it in /usr/share. But I don't have much space on the / partition for gigs of java stuff.

Shall I create a /home/share or is it really easy to partition off some of the space from /home into a new partition without reinstalling?

And yes, I realise I could buy a new harddrive instead :O

Adam