Re: Posted Three Times - No Responses

Thomas H. George:

> The problem: Every time I must shut down the system it locks up when it
> tries to disconnect my Sony  USB dvdrw drive.
>
> The Postings:  May 17 - USB dvdrw mount point Woes
>                        May 22 - kernel-2.6.8  USB problem
>                        May 31 - Oops when Sony USB dvdrw disconnected.
>
> As noted in these postings I am using  2.6.8 kernel  complied from the
> latest kernal-source-2.6.8 (so recompiled yesterday after a apt-get
> dist-upgrade).

If I were you I'd get the most recent kernel source from kernel.org and
compile that. You can treat them exactly the same way as the tar.bz
files from the Debian source packages.

If you do not get any further, dare to file a bug report on the kernel
via <http://bugzilla.kernel.org/>. It's really not a big thing to do.
Just make sure you include complete information about your hardware,
installed software and error messages.

J.
--
As a child I pulled the legs from a spider.
[Agree]   [Disagree]