Re: dvd strangeness....

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 03:04:12PM +0200, Ionut Georgescu wrote:
> It happened to me before with cheep DVD-R media and with DVD+R media in
> DVD-R only drives.
hmmmm indeed....
tryed a commercial dvd and it read it....

strange, allways thought it was easier to read from a disc the drive had
written itself...

pfouu... things don't look so bad then :D
anything that could be fixed?

> As for your laptop no being able to read the DVD's it has written
> itself, it is very strange. Did you try to eject the DVD first and then
> mount ? Some drives need this to reset.
yah tried all sorts of gymnastics without success, and there even the
commercial products aren't recognized... :(

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org