Re: Possibility of personalizing OpenOffice documents automatically?

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 11:36, Hervé Piedvache wrote:
> Yes ... marvelous ... but with what kind of tool do you manage the
> production of the mail ?
> Yes It'll be a web application .. no problem for this ... but I want to
> manage about 100 mail style sheet ... and be able to do the redaction of
> thoses mail easily ... and then have a system to produce them in file and
> print them ...
>
> So how to do that ?

Shouldn't be too complex.  You can probably just make the template file in
OpenOffice, and run openoffice from your website to generate the output.
Have a read at the openoffice docs, ask on the openoffice mailing lists if
you're stuck, and if you're really stuck, look for a pre-existing solution on
freshmeat, or hire a web developer to do it for you.  You might also want to
look at the batch facilities of other Free word processors.  KWord is
probably very capable of this, for instance.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.