Re: Possibility of personalizing OpenOffice documents automatically?

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 10:08, Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 08:15, herve@elma.fr wrote:
> > I would like to know if somebody know a way ... (batch, tool etc.) to
> > take a classical OpenOffice text document and a small database and then
> > make a personalisation of the document in an automatic way ...
> >
> > The idea is to permit simple users of a system to produce easily same
> > document from their database without using OpenOffice directly and not
> > offer them the ability to modify the document ...
>
> If you make a template for each user's blank document, then replace the
> original blank document with that, you should be off to a good start.  A
> macro to apply that template to the current document could then be combined
> with a script to load and save files, to do the conversion.  Or, you might
> even get away with just using the File menu's (IIRC) batch conversion
> options, which are normally used to convert into another file format.

Ok for this ... but I have may be not well explained my need ...

I want to make this merge from a server and not from the user's computer ...
It'll be an automatic process done by this server after the user as defined
the good document to send (mail, or print) to the final customer ...

I'm more clear ?
--
Hervé