Re: VPN server recommendation

Even though everyone recommends OpenVPN, and I have great success with it,
I must also recommend CIPE[0] (Crypto IP Encapsulation), I've found it to
have much less overhead than OpenVPN and be very robust in difficult
environments

Additionally, I have implemented it on mobile devices with medium to high
latency and frequent dropped packets with great success.

Best of luck!

-Matthew

0.
http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/cipe.html

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Glenn English wrote:

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 18:06 +0300, Chavdar Videff wrote:

> Is OpenVPN a good choice? Are there better alternatives?

I've used it, and I'm completely satisfied with it.

I installed it between an office in TX and my house in CO about 2 years
ago. It's used for cron job rsync backups every couple hours, email
communication, and remote admin of the site. It's worked continuously,
and it's been completely transparent. No probs at all.

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com