Re: exim SMTP Authentication (Follow-up)

sdpatt2@gmail.com(sdpatt2@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> > Hopefully this will assist others running into these problems.
> >
> > What is very sad is that the only way I can reliably send mail to
> > mailing lists, and having them passed through the server, is with
> > Kmail in X.  My beloved mutt with exim is just not reliable.  I blame
> > this on the setup of the 'smarthost'. :-(
> >
> > Wayne
> >
> Don't give up yet!  Try setting your exim4 to local delivery only: not
> on a network, and running MSMTP as your sendmail.
> apt-get install msmtp
> look here:
> http://punclox.blogon.com/archives/001996.html
> and the examples that come with msmtp.
> I now use gmail as my 'smarthost' - can do w/local isp, too

I wasn't very clear.  Mutt is reliable but because of the servers AUTH
setup I can't set reply-to because the server sometimes accepts the
mail and sometimes not.  With "ignore_list_reply_to=yes" I can send
mail but it is then, IMHO, broken like Thunderbird and others, in that
it doesn't thread the mail (like my post you replied to).

The problem isn't with mutt or exim4, its the setup of the smtp server.

Thanks for the pointer tho Dave.

Wayne
--
Hi, my name is Any Key. Please don't hit me!