Squid and Transparent Proxy for just one box

Hello All,

I need to test some proxy methods for our school lab. I seem to have hit
a brick wall.

I have squid running just fine on this Debian Sid box. I use Firefox and
manually tell it where to find the proxy, i.e. at 127.0.0.1 and port
3128. The logs (/var/log/squid/access.log) show everything working just
fine.

The problem is that I can not get the transparent portion working. The
how-tos on the net (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/TransparentProxy.html)
seem to all involve setting up a server with two nic cards and so forth.
I will need that at some point, but right now I just want to redirect
all calls to port 80 on this one box for all users to port 3128 so the
use of squid becomes mandatory. In fact, I just want to see it work one
time on my account.

I am sitting behind a firewall router and do not run an iptables
firewall now. Hence, I can use any fire wall to get this job done. It is
just this one box I would love to see work.

A little help please?

Regards, Joe