Re: problems with eps

Felix Natter wrote:
I am using a standard LaTeX document class for presentations (prosper),
which requires me to use latex+dvips+ps2pdf, and dvips only supports
.eps for images...

It appears to me that you goal is to get a PDF file as I would expect.
Do you know that you can convert from GIF to PNG (and therefore preserve
transparency) and include this figure in the latex file? Use
\includegraphics from the graphics package, and instead of latex run
pdflatex. pdflatex does basically the same thing as latex but the output
is directly in PDF format. Furthermore, pdflatex take image formats such
as PNG and JPG, but not postscript based.

Hope this helps (in something),
--
António Rafael C. Paiva

Graduate student
Computational NeuroEngineering Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611
WWW: arpaiva.webhop.net