problems with eps

hi,

when I try to save this file:
http://home.t-online.de/~fam.natter/prosper/LDCLogosm.gif
as .eps (for inclusion in LaTeX-document), the resulting .eps
looks unsharp:
http://home.t-online.de/~fam.natter/prosper/LDCLogo.eps

Using gimp I tried to save in indexed or rgb mode,
no difference. I also tried imagemagick:
$ convert LDCLogosm.gif LDCLogo.eps
it gave the same results.

When I try to embed the .eps in a LaTeX-presentation, it looks
even worse (the white background is semi-yellow):
http://home.t-online.de/~fam.natter/prosper/ReklaMan.pdf
(In case you don't see the problem I have uploaded a screenshot:
http://home.t-online.de/~fam.natter/prosper/ReklaMan_pdf_sshot.png)

I am also having problems displaying some pdfs with adobe reader 5
(no problems with xpdf, gpdf or adobe reader 7).
http://home.t-online.de/~fam.natter/prosper/prettybox_ar5.png

I am using debian testing weekly isos from 12/04.

thanks,

--
Felix Natter