Re: X.org 6.8.2

gustavo halperin wrote:
> I almost try it, but isn't the problem.
> There is also a problem with a "LD_LIBRARY_PATH", the aren't contain the
> "/usr/X11R6/lib"
> and nothing almost is work at the time that I add manually this path.
> After it if I try manually for example the next command:
>  > setxkbmap <some parameters>
> Always I receive the next error:
>  > Error loading new keyboard description.
>
> That looks like some bug in the process of : "make install" from the X.org.
> Before it I wasn't this problems with the XFree86 4.3.

Did you follow this guide?
http://blogs.vislab.usyd.edu.au/index.php/Steve/2004/09/09/installing_a_non_intrusive_x

Especially the steps about adding the corrects paths to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Hopefully debian packages for Xorg will show up in the exeperimental
archive soon.

Also, don't answer back to me directly, but back to the list so all
can read :-)

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson