Re: Slow Firefox performance on P4 1.7 GHz 1 GB system

While I do not share this same problem, I think this is an oppurtunity to learn a little bit about application profiling under Debian, especially desktop application profiling. When the obvious solutions fail (such as doing a complete reinstall) I think it would be best to find out exactly where the application is hanging - is it an inner loop, an I/O operation? Perhaps this would give a clue as to the next step (e.g. up/downgrade video drivers, etc.)

That said I don't have a clue as to how to profile something as complex as Firefox. I found "Prospect" (http://prospect.sourceforge.net/) which looks promising.