Re: Slow Firefox performance on P4 1.7 GHz 1 GB system

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 08:07:18PM -0400, Marty wrote:

> I should note, however, that Konqueror and Mozilla also seem slow on that
> page.  I tried it with IE on WinXP (did't have Firefox there), on a slower
> machine, and it was *much* faster, so maybe X11 is part of the problem.

Suspicion:  the version of X you're using isn't as accelerated as Windows
XP's driver.  I don't suppose you're about to install X.Org?
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.