update to dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 advisable for wheel mouse [was: mouse scroll...]

On 28/05/05 18:02 Jonathan Kaye wrote:
Ok I will reveal all and hide nothing from you ;-)
I'm running Sarge 2.6.8. Yup, definitely a ps/2 mouse. I don't know what
dmesg is on about with USB. You've got something about a serial port?
Anyway my XF86Config-4 looks like this:
# Identifier and driver

~    Identifier    "Mouse1"
~    Driver "mouse"
~    Option "Protocol"   "ImPS/2"
~    Option "ZAxisMapping"   "4 5"
~    Option "Device"     "/dev/psaux"
EndSection

Answer:

Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"

Finally found that solution!

i think the choices in 'dpkg-reconfigure' for xserver-xfree86 needs to be extended to cover this for the benefit of other wheelmouse users.

there is also the option "protocol" "auto" which isn't offered either.

Adam