Re: mouse scroll wheel ZAxisMapping

On 28/05/05 06:04 Jonathan Kaye wrote:

|> and it doesn't recognise the 'scroll up' event, instead is mostly (80%
|> of the time in some apps more than other) thinks I right-clicked.
|>
|> This becomes dangerous when i sometimes click too quick and
|> accidentally select one of those right-click menu options!
|

| Section "InputDevice"
|         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
|         Driver          "mouse"
|         Option          "CorePointer"
|         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
|         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
|         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
|         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
|         Option          "Buttons"               "5"
| EndSection
|
| tried /dev/psaux too. Same problem.

What does dmesg show? Mine looks like this.
input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech] on usb-0000:00:10.0-1
usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver
hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 5-0:1.0: 8 ports detected
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
ts: Compaq touchscreen protocol output
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
usb 1-1: new low speed USB device using address 3
input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse] on
usb-0000:00:10.0-1

Mine says (with device /dev/psaux)
input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice

It's a PS/2 mouse obviously not a USB one. Are you using Sarge? I have turned off gpm and I turned off hotplugging of the psmouse module (if that makes any difference)

so what have you got for device & protocol entries?