Re: UDF woes

Hans Hofker <hhofker@doge.nl> writes:

> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 10:58:59PM -0700, Bill Wohler wrote:
>> Under Windows, I'm able to mount the CD-ROM and the Properties dialog
>> reveals that the CD-ROM contains a UDF filesystem.
>>
>> Mount -t auto seems to recognize the UDF filesystem too:
>>
>>     [wohler@olgas:507]$ sudo mount -t auto /dev/cdrom /mnt
>>     mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
>>     mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
>> 	   missing codepage or other error
>> 	   In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>> 	   dmesg | tail  or so
>>
>>     [wohler@olgas:508]$ dmesg |tail -1
>>     UDF-fs: No VRS found
>>
>> However, as you can see, while it recognizes the filesystem type, it
>> cannot mount it.
>>

> Instead of mounting with "-t auto" you might want to mount with "-t
> udf", in which case you can supply udf-specific options ("novrs" might
> do the trick...)

Thanks, that make the "UDF-fs: No VRS found" message go away. However,
I'm still getting the same mount error. What's interesting is that
with -onovrs, I don't hear the CD-ROM spin up so it appears that
"novrs" is skipping more than the volume sequence recognition.

Are there any other UDF options I should try? I tried nostrict and
session=1 but these were just random attempts.