Re: eclipse 3.0 don't start up on gnome 2.10

I had the same problems on Sarge.

I inserted my java binary dir in $PATH and it is OK now.

export PATH=/opt/java/bin:/opt/eclipse:$PATH

eclipse &

/opt/java is a soft link to my manual installation of sun java sdk /opt/jdk_1.5.0

I'd like to do this in my .xsession file with source of the bash profile file, but the first edit was not good and I haven't checked it after that.

Stoyan

David Roguin wrote:

I have eclipse 3.0 installed in my debian sid; it always worked great,
but now after installed gnome 2.10 from experimental, eclipse fail to
start up.
It shows an ugly window with that:
****
JVM terminated. Exit code=1
/usr/bin/java
-cp /usr/local/eclipse/startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86
-showsplash /usr/local/eclipse/eclipse -showsplash 600
-exitdata /usr/local/eclipse/eclipse -exitdata 958013
-vm /usr/bin/java
-vmargs
-cp /usr/local/eclipse/startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main ***

Anyone knows what can it be wrong?

Thanks in advance,
rgds.