Re: alsa problem

>Congratulations!!
>
>It may be that your driver is not loaded upon boot. And if it is not
>loaded, /etc/init.d/network has nothing to configure. Reason ? with
>2.4.18 8139too might have been already compiled into the kernel, with
>2.4.27 it is definitely a module.
>
>A quick way to check it: load 8139too by hand
>
>run
>
>ifdown eth0
>ifup eth0
>
>if ifconfig shows it, than you can go on with automating things:
>
>create  /etc/modutils/net [1] with this line
>
>alias eth0 8139too
>
>and run update-modules.
>
>This will load 8139too when somebody (ifup) wants to access eth0.
>
>Cheers,
>Ionut
>
>[1] This is also that alsaconf does. Have a look at /etc/modutils/alsa
Yeah the module was built in the kernel. From the second boot onwards it is working fine. (But why from second boot onwards ???). One more thing I have diagnosed another problem. After every boot the /etc/resolve.conf gets reset

ginie:/etc/modutils# cat /etc/resolv.conf
search
nameserver 192.168.1.1

where 192.168.1.1 is the ip of my ADSL router. On every boot, i have to set this file as
ginie:/etc/modutils# cat resolv.conf.backup > /etc/resolv.conf
search
nameserver 203.94.243.70
nameserver 203.94.227.70

I think this is a problem with the Dlink ADSL router. Any suggestions
Shatam