Sound in Ppracer (was: Re: ppracer much slower than tuxracer)

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:48:01 +0200
Jonathan Kaye <jonathan.kaye@univie.ac.at> wrote:

<snip>
> Since we're on the subject of ppracer. Can anyone
> tell me how to get the music to work. The sound effects are fine but
> they're .wav files. I installed cheesetracker and checked the music
> box on the ppracer config menu (I'm running version 0.3.1) and I can
> play the .it files individually in cheesetracker but I need to plug in
> the cheesetracker into ppracer. Since no one is complaining about lack
> of music, I assume I'm an idiot so could you give me a hint on how to
> do it? Thanks,
> Jonathan

I just installed it and it worked - no configuration needed.

What sound drivers and sound daemon are you using? I'm using esd output
through alsa drivers.

It depends on libsdl, which would also have an affect on sound. Make
sure you have the right version of libsdl installed to match your sound
drivers. (I'm using libsdl1.2debian-esd in Sarge.)

Oh, and I don't have midi working on my computer (at least midi didn't
work the last time I tried it) and music still works in ppracer.

HTH,
Jacob