Re: CUPS? Printer.

> See, this is useful, not like somebody saying they "read the docs" and "it
> works for them".
> I have tried for quite awhile on cupsd.conf, so mine will deviate quite a bit
> from what you would call "normal" or "good". I figured since I already tried
> the simple stuff (including older backups) a few times, I would try something
> different...Here ya go:
>
> AccessLog /var/log/cups/access_log
> ErrorLog /var/log/cups/error_log
> LogLevel info
> PageLog /var/log/cups/page_log
> Printcap /etc/printcap.cups
> Port 631
> Browsing On
> BrowseAddress 192.168.1.255
> <Location />
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From 127.0.0.1
> Allow From 192.168.1.100
> </Location>
> <Location /admin>
> AuthType None
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From 127.0.0.1
> Allow From 192.168.1.100
> </Location>
>
> This is for two Debian boxes on a LAN. One has a laser attached, while
> 192.168.1.100 prints to it as well.
>
> Any advice would be nice.
> Brendan
Are you having the same problem as the original poster, that
is that your browser times out when trying to access
http://localhost:631
or do you have another problem? If your having another
problem, could you describe it?

As an aside, I know what you mean when you say that someone
says, "read the docs". When I'm having a problem, and have
been pouring over the docs for hours, that doesn't help.
Once I have found the solution, I usually can then see it in
the docs. My friends and I have an expression for this. We
call it "CLIK". CLear If Known.

Thanks,
Stephen Queen