Re: my messages to linux.debian.user take 40 minutes to show up

Adam Funk wrote:
Robert Vangel wrote:

It usually takes about an hour for my posts to appear.

I had to subscribe to the mailing list in order to be able to post to the
newsgroup.  Does that restriction not apply to posting directly to the
mailing list?  If not, that would explain the spam.

I did not completely understand your last paragraph.

For me, I can post to newsgroups irrespective of whether I am subscribed to the mailing list or not. If posted through news groups, Posts take about 1 hour to show up irrespective of whether I am subscribed to the mailing list or not.

OTOH, I can post to mailing list irrespective of whether I am subscribed to news groups or not. Messages posted through mailing list show up almost immediately irrespective of whether I am subscribed to news group.

raju