Re: my messages to linux.debian.user take 40 minutes to show up

Incoming from Adam Fabian:
> Email and newsgroups aren't intended to be real-time communication
> mediums.  Sometimes they are, if they're working optimally, but if
> not, it wasn't the intention of the protocol anyway.

Besides, what happens when some box between you and the destination
only runs its mail queue once an hour?  Count the MTA's:

  me --> my MTA --> ISP's MTA --> employer's MTA --> boss

In the old days, we counted our blessings and were amazed it worked at
all.  If you want immediacy, use a telephone.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -