my messages to linux.debian.user take 40 minutes to show up

Hi
The problem is like this. If I post a message to linux.debian.user then it takes about 0.5-1 hour to show up in the news group. The behaviour is same even if I use gmane. But if I am using the mailing list the messages show up immediately. I know this because I have experimented with two email addresses to dig down the problem.

Does anyone experience a similar problem?

I contacted the tech support of my news server provider and they say that it is not their problem but is due to the fact that l.d.u is a moderated group. I would like to know how far this is true? If it is infact the reason, is there anyway to overcome this problem? I really like the newsgroups interface than mailing list interface and would like to use it had it not been for this message delaying problem. Any ideas are welcome.

thanks in advance
raju

Below is the conversation between the tech support and me.