Re: OpenOffice Writer and Bold text.

> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 09:47:02AM +1000, Glenn Meehan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using openoffice writer.  When I select text and apply the bold
> > attribute to that text the text does not exhibit the bold appearance one
> > would expect.  When I print the text it does appear bold.
> >
> > Am I missing a font?
> >
> > How can I make the text appear bold on my screen in open office writer?
> >
> > I'm using open office 1.1.3.
> > My kernel version is 2.6.8.
> > KDE 3.3.2
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Glenn
> > --

Hi Glenn,
I had the same problem, and it applied for all fonts. I do not know
how the problem ended, maby because of a dist-upgrade, but now bold
text appears bold...

Using debian sarge, kernel 2.6.8-2-686 (not sure of my oo.org or kde
version since I am not at home right now, if you still don't get it to
work after a dist-upgrade, post again and I'll give you those versions
too.)

Good luck, Vegard