Re: md5 problems - sarge

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 12:58:00PM +0200, ripo@tchibo.cz wrote:
> sorry, i have windows installed.. i need clear iso images and need
> approve them..  no net install, no linux trikx, only md5 for isos...

No Linux tricks, eh? Then how about some Jedi mind tricks? ;-)

Try this Frequently Asked Question on how to verify your CD, even
under (good) ol' Windows:

http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#verify

On your CD should be a file called md5sums.txt or something
similar. Open a DOS window, go to the CD and type 'md5sum -c
md5sums.txt'. This should prove the validity (or invalidity) of all
files on your CD, which should be enough proof.

If you don't want to verify the individual files but the complete cd
image you could try the md5sums for the jigdo images. I expect them to
be the same as any other cd images, as long as you compare the same
versions (same date and architecture mostly). This page should tell
you where you can find the images and the sums:

http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/#which

If it still doesn't work search the archives for the debian-cd mailing
list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/

HTH,

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill