Re: HOWTO reverse proxy through an internal-server-initiated ssh tunnel?

On 5/23/05, André Carezia <andre@carezia.eng.br> wrote:
Josh Rehman wrote:

> [...]
> Does mod_proxy have some sort of priveledged access to ssh tunnels?
> Are you saying that my simple telnet test cannot work ever?

Please send your replies to the list.

Of course.  Gmail "Reply" does not work correctly with this list, apparently. I should have checked it.

> internal>[start server on 8080]
> internal>[make sure server is listening]
> internal>ssh -R 8080:localhost:8080 josh@external.com
> <mailto:josh@external.com>
> external>telnet localhost 8080
> Connection Refused...

It should work. Must be some non-default configuration in your provider.

I agree. However I'm not sure how to look deeper into my providers configuration. I'm thinking that some usage of either ps or netstat could tell me what's going on.

Thanks for your kind help.