Re: HOWTO reverse proxy through an internal-server-initiated ssh tunnel?

On 5/22/05, André Carezia <andre@carezia.eng.br > wrote:
ssh -R 8080:localhost:80 user@host

My apologies, I should have mentioned that that was what I tried. Here is the result:

external>$ telnet localhost 8080
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

I tried with and without compression and trying some other options. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot past this. I suspect I could gleen some information from either sshd or stunnel or perhaps the netstat output but I am at a loss.