Re: Problem with optical mouse PS/2

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

But, they dont solve my problem.

I googling (search on google) for any commentary and I found a lot of messages on Linux-Kernel, like this http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0505.1/0005.html

If I change my mouse to another one, optico too, I get this output from dmesg:

input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1

This mouse is Ok in gpm and X with the protocol "ImPS/2"

when I return, this message is printed:

input: ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1

If I use the lastone, its laser is turned off in the same moment when the system print in the screen this output

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
input: ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1

Then, my mouse is turned off before x initialization. I suppose thare are a problem with my kernell.

If I do cat /dev/psaux and click with 1, 2 or 3 buttons, a letter "x" is printed on screen, both, console or X screen. But, if I move it anythik is donne (remember that its light is turned off in the initialization of system).

I use a Linux 2.6.8.1-kanotix-10 #1 Sun Oct 31 19:57:19 BRT 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

Any other issues?

Thanks for any help

Marcelo