Re: discover1 vs discover vs discover2 debian installer bug

On Monday 23 May 2005 10:22 am, Ivan Teliatnikov wrote:

> Desktop System Setup with Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 'Sarge' located at
> http://thegoldenear.org/toolbox/unices/desktop-system-setup-debian-sarge.ht
>ml#installation mentions this problem abd suggests work around.
>
> (In Installation section):
>
> When asked during the installation if you want 'discover' to
> manage /media/cdrom0, choose 'no' otherwise gnome-volume-manager won't
> be able to auto-mount discs for you when inserted and logged in as a
> normal user. (this may now be fixed).
You are 100% right!

 As soon as I changed this setting by running
dpkg-reconfigure  discover1

I was able to create a directory /media/cdrom1 and /media/cdrom0 without it
going away on reboot.

I should point out a typo in that web-page posting though.

if you run dpkg-reconfigure on discover1 it does not mention /media/cdrom0. It
talks about
/dev/cdrom1 instead. Thats why i never tried the other setting :).

this must be a typo as well.

thank you!
Mitchell