Re: discover1 vs discover vs discover2 debian installer bug

On Monday 16 May 2005 10:04 am, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> discover issues:
>
> I have seen references to /media/cdrom0 and /media/cdrom2 not being created
> as a result of a bug in discover.

> apt-cache show discover1 is what i have loaded. it is credited to the
> debian installer team version 1.7.7 is current.
>
> discover2 is version 2.0.7-2.1
> credited to the discover workers and is in conflict with discover1.
>
> i did a debian sarge install with i guess discover1. is my problem the need
> to switch to discover2 which fixed the bug?

Even though I googled and found a ubunto thread that claimed that
the /media/cdom0 was fixed with later discover versions, and

i tried this solution and I am running sid, and upgraded to discover =
discover2 from discover1, i still have the problem.

> if so has this been passed to the debian installer team?

i am suprised to have to do mkdir /media/cdrom[01] each time i reboot. I know
how to write my own init script to do this, and yet it seems stupid to have
to do this. what is overwriting /media or over mounting /media???