Re: Re: Can't Defrag Ext3 File System

On Friday May 20 2005 10:10 am, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
Have read manuals and done Google Debian search but can't get
e2defrag to run on KI 2.6.8-2-686
with Ext 3 FS.
Paul Johnson Wrote:
Don't bother. Fragmentation isn't a problem on ext2 and ext3, I really can't see any justification for e2defrag's existence. You can literally never defrag and not run into problems.
Ok, I get your message, but for my gratification, insight and knowledge
of Linux how do I get the programs to run without error and not distroy
my harddisk?  I'll  run e2fsck to check on defragmentation but would still
like to know how to run the defrag program.
Thanks for your replys and consideration of my request,

Leonard Chatagnier
--

<http://ursine.ca/%7Ebaloo/>